Our Mission, Vision, and Values The library staff worked together to construct the following mission that reflects who we are now and where we see the library in the coming years.
The library facilitates biomedical discovery by connecting the Health Sciences Division and Loyola University Medical Center with the best knowledge available. We acquire, organize, and disseminate needed information, provide educational outreach, and design and deliver innovative programming for user-focused support of education, research, and patient care.
We believe the library exists at the heart of the academic corridor to connect, inspire, inform, and support the intellectual and health care communities we serve. We are committed to:
- Service that anticipates and responds to the community by viewing needs from the user perspective.
- Timely and seamless access to information resources that are available when and where needed.
- We combine innovative programming and traditional services that reflect and respond to community needs and transform students, faculty, and staff.
- We design and deliver information skills training to support the autonomous use of the best available evidence for research, teaching, patient care, and lifelong-learning in the preferred format.
- Evaluation and assessment to ensure positive outcomes and responsible stewardship.
- Library space that inspires, connects, and facilitates learning and collaboration to meet community needs now and in the future.
- We value service excellence, diversity, and a warm, welcoming presence.
- We value intellectual and academic freedom.
- We are proud of our role in academic and research excellence.
- We value information literacy and see it as a core value in a democratic society.
- We respect the Jesuit values of service, commitment to excellence, faith and the religious experience, service that promotes justice, values-based leadership, and global awareness.
Staffed Library Hours
Health Sciences Library
2160 South First Avenue
Maywood, Illinois 60153
Vincent J. Galante, M.D.